Chocolate is not a bad thing for children.

But chocolate in the wrong hands can be addictive.

The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) says it’s important to avoid chocolate when possible.

You need to have a child-proof container and be sure to wear gloves when handling it.

You should also avoid it at restaurants, and it can be dangerous if your child accidentally swallows it.

If you think your child might be at risk, call the National Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222.

You can also tell your child if they’ve eaten chocolate before.

For more information on the best foods to eat, check out this infographic.

Tags: